Well, we are here, but not so much on the queer part...

Our stuff showed up this past Thursday, and we spent the weekend getting everything out of boxes and put away. It was a gorgeous weekend, and I was forced to take the 900 out for the entire day, I had no choice!! The roads around here kinda suck, this whole city was planned, so everything is at right angles, and the only curvy roads are going around lakes, where the speed limit is 20. I am told that the really fun roads are in Wisconsin, but I will have to wait until Spring to check that out. More on that later...

Erin and Jen (the girl from Pfizer) went apple picking and did some general girlie-type stuff (walked around Lake Calhoun, like I said, girlie stuff...). They got lost on their way to a town that is about 20 minutes away and spent over an hour getting there. Oh well, such is the way of learning your way in a new city.

We went to Ikea on Sunday and spent a small fortune on new furniture for the pad, and spent the next two days putting everything together. Let me just tell you, that sucks. Putting together one or two things is easy enough, but a bedroom set and living room stuff as well, that is a whole other animal. I am not a fan, next time I am going to buck up for the assembly service.

We are still waiting on our internet to be hooked up, and the DirecTV service as well, so we are watching movies only for now. I am amazed at how loud we can play the movies without the neighbors complaining, but I think there is pretty good sound deadening between the units here, we haven't heard them yet. If they hadn't been on the patio grilling the other day, I would think the place was vacant.

So, now to why I have to wait until Spring to ride again. It has been getting colder by the day since Saturday, and it snowed a few times today. No accumulation, but you wouldn't have known that by how hard it was coming down, it was coming down sideways at one point.

Anyway, that's what's going on for now. I think that's enough for the first post, don't you?
|
This entry was posted on 9:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 4:35 PM , Anonymous said...

Okay, I like the post, now where are the pics?
I love you!
- your twin not in the Twin Cities

 
On 10:00 AM , Anonymous said...

Are you guys blowing your cold air south toward St. Louis? It was 37 degrees this morning. Cut it out!

Miss you both.

We're here and really queer,

Gina

 
On 9:41 AM , Anonymous said...

Tired of putting together Ikea when you have all day to get it done? Wait until you are putting together toys on xmas eve and can't even start until after little darlings are in bed.

p.s. this isn't a dig for grandkids.