We met with the project manager from the builder the other day, and man, is this going to be expensive. We got an allowance from the purchase for a certain amount of upgrades, and we almost blew through that in the first 15 minutes we were there. We have to meet with the cabinet guy, the electrician, the carpet people, the tile people, the stereo people, the plumbers, and the list goes on...

I am kind of upset that they didnt talk to us prior to roughing things in, because now if we want to change where things are, we have to spend a small fortune to get pipes moved. If they had just contacted us a couple of months ago, it would not be a problem. And the REAL bummer, the wall we wanted moved and were told 'no problem' about, yeah that isnt going to happen. So now, we can sit on the toilet and fold laundry as it comes out of the dryer. That is the stupidest design I have ever heard of!!! Can you tell I'm a little frustrated?

Oh well, tonight is the big Halloween night, and tomorrow is the big MotoGP season finale. We have our costumes and are ready to go, but Kurt is not going to make it with us, he drove down the the 'Lou last night to pick up his RC-51, which the owner crashed between purchase and last night. So, Kurt's out, and it is going to be me and the girls once again. I still cant believe he did it, he just picked up and left at midnight, but he is a little nuts... He called me this morning to get directions, and I was like, 'you're in STL? What the hell?'

Tomorrow I am meeting up with a bunch of local riders to watch the MotoGP race and talk some smack. Afterwards, we are going across the street to an indoor karting place that is hosting the league I joined. It will be nice to get some practice on the track prior to the start of the racing seasion on Wednesday night.

I'll have to let you all know how I do in the first race of the season. When we went racing at the place in STL, I was fourth fastest on my fastest lap, so hopefully I can continue that theme and finish on the box.
|
This entry was posted on 4:18 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: