I AM ROTISSERIE MAN!!!
4:10 PM | Author: Josh
Ok, so I posted earlier about how when I was at Road America, we went to the team Realtime Acura BBQ and they had a buttload of rotisserie chickens cooking and how incredibly good they were. Well, it just so turns out that I bought a grill last year that had a rotisserie on it, so I decided it was time to make good use of it and made up a chicken for Matt, Kaleb and I to try.

Let's just say that it was a success.

So, with that bhind me, I thought it was time to get a little more ambitous. I decided that for dinner the night of my birthday pub-crawl I would make not one, not two, but THREE chickens on the rotisserie. I would make them using a different spice on each one so that we could try out a number of flavors. And with everyone there for my birthday, who was going to tell me no? So, I put all three chickens (vegetarian chicken, mind you) on the spit and got them babies a-turnin! I made one with Lawry's Season Salt, one with a Chipotle Cinnamon rub, and one with a poultry seasoning we had in the cabinet. The season salt one was gone in a flash, declaring itself a winner by the fact that all that was left on the platter was a little grease and a couple of bones. The cinnamon one was good, but it had nothing on the salt... Lastly was the poultry seasoning, looking like I had just laid it out at the end of service and not given anyone a change to try it. I think it is still in my fridge, maybe I could re-assemble it and make it a chicken again...?

Anyway, I am officially hooked on cooking things on the rotisserie and now want to buy a pork belly and wrap that bad boy around the spit and fill it with goodness. I can already kind of smell how good that would taste! I just have to get E to go away for a few hours, I doubt she would like it if I brought in a whole pork belly....
|
This entry was posted on 4:10 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 11:16 PM , Megan said...

Josh the BBQ King!
I would definitely not bring in a pork belly while Erin is home- tell her to remember that they just take off one of the back legs, take out a pork chop, and put the leg back and it's a happy piggie again. Erin likes it that way.

 
On 9:55 AM , Anonymous said...

Poor little piggy.

I AM NOT, I REPEAT NOT draining the grease trap on that thing if you cook a pig.

Not to mention you'll have to clean the grates again. No vegetable is going to touch the surface with piggy grease.