What. Have. I. Just. Done?
12:07 PM | Author: Josh
I just signed up for an Autocross event in June.

I really don't know if I have fully looked at the potential consequences here. I just might have to smack myself. Lets take a trip down the slippery slope, shall we? Let's just say that I thoroughly enjoy myself and love every minute of it, because lets face it, odds are good that I will. Now what? Do I purchase a Miata and get out there every weekend, or do I further go down the road of getting the TL competitive? Who here thinks it would be cheaper to make the TL competitive than purchasing a Miata and making it competitive? Raise your hands if you think the TL could EVER be competitive.

Put your hands down! Are you kidding me? The TL is a great car, don't get me wrong, but a boy racer it is not. It is a semi-sporty luxury-mobile.

I am going to get my ass smoked, there aren't two ways about it. But, I will have a damn good time doing it!

Maybe this is a good opportunity to get that convertible that E and I have wanted for the summers here. I doubt she would be interested in putting coil overs, 18" wheels, sway bars, intake, etc on a nice little summer convertible cruiser though. With my personal budget about $100 per month, it's going to be about a hundred years before I can afford to do anything to make the TL much more competitive, like you know, shaving a TON or so from its big ol' booty. Or as we say up here, badonk-a-donk.

Still, if I can manage to get some more TLs out there, then I can at least be fast among the slow cars, right? What's that phrase? A King among thieves or something like that?
|
This entry was posted on 12:07 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: