First night of Kart racing league...
10:54 PM | Author: Josh
Holy cow, I got my ass handed to me tonight. I was doing ok to begin, I finished 6th in the first heat race, and had to go to the last chance qualifier (LCQ) to get into the main. This is where everything went awry. I was running in 3rd and right on the tail of the first two drivers when I spun at the end of the fast straight and was hit by just about every other driver out there. When I say hit, I mean hit hard, I was at a dead stop when the rest of the field came through at full tilt. I'm going to be feeling that in the morning for sure.

So after the crash I was in 10th, and I was a lot faster than that end of the grid so I was catching and passing people pretty quickly. I was on the side for quite a while before they got me going again, so the leaders were behind me when I started up, and I had to let them through, but I stayed with them for the rest of the race, and my fastest lap was faster than the guy who won the LCQ. Too bad I spun, 'I coulda been a contenda!!'. Whatever, I'll get them next week. My goal for now is to make the main and not finish last. I know I can go a lot faster once I learn how to get around the track.

If you want to check out the track, this is the place we are racing: http://www.prokartindoor.com/ , unfortunately, the pictures are out of date and the track is not configured like that at all. I guess you will all have to come up here to check it out.
|
This entry was posted on 10:54 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: