The True Test: The Weekend!
6:52 PM | Author: Josh
We have so far made it this far without a car, we went out to dinner last night with some friends and were able to catch a ride, and my buddy Jorge came over today to work out and I talked him into a grocery store run. There have already been some issues that made me really wish we had another car, for example, poor planning on my part meant that I could not go to the tour of the forensics lab this week, total bummer! I have an appointment in Edina (20 minutes away) on Monday at 4, so I have to figure out the public transit method of getting out there, or I have to get someone to give me a ride. Since I don't know anyone that is going to drive out that way, it looks like I am going to have to figure out the buses beyond downtown...

Other than that, there have not been any really big things that we have needed a car for, but it hasn't even been a week yet, so we shall see how it goes.

I used the groceries I bought tonight to make a really good lasagna tonight. Our neighbors down the hall had a little boy last week and I made the lasagna for them so that they could have some food ready and in the fridge with minimal effort while they get into the 'having a baby' mode. I made a smaller dish for myself, and holy cow was it good! I made some garlic bread to go with it, and an angel food cake with strawberries, raspberries and fresh whipped cream to go for dessert. It was quite the meal!

Anyway, that's my life as of right now, Car-Free experiment day 5 complete...
|
This entry was posted on 6:52 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 11:55 PM , Wilfredo Arturo Villafana LiƱan said...

Nice Blog. Please visit my Blog: www.guilloncity.blogspot.com. I hope your visit and commentary. Best regards. Wilfredo