This was only the second Father's Day weekend I have been away from home, and I would like to say we made the most of it. There were numerous races on TV, from the F1 USGP, to the World Superbike races at Misano. Fully four hours of racing on TV. Or, if you want to look at it another way, four full hours of naptime...

It was a good weekend up here in Minnesota though, the weather was a balmy 90, but it was not that bad. I hung around the house and read on Saturday while E went over to the Stone Arch Art Festival with some of the other girls that she knows up here. I had an impromptu BBQ with some of the guys and we all hung out afterward for a bit until everyone decided to go home and take a nap. Sunday I started my day in about the sweatiest manner I could, by doing Yoga in a 90 degree room. It was really good, and some of my soreness from Friday's session was washed away on Sunday. Upon returning home we started planning a trip to the beach with some of our friends. It turned out to be a so-so day for the beach. It was REALLY windy, so we were getting sandblasted the whole time, but the weather and water were nice. Note to self: bring shoes for the water, the bottom is REALLY rocky. We had another, more slightly planned BBQ on Sunday night, and I got my first really good steak in a long time. We cooked up some corn on the cob and had that awesome ramen noodle salad. To top it all off, we watched 'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' and called it a night.

That was our eventful weekend.

Happy Father's day to all the baby-daddys out there!
|
This entry was posted on 4:12 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: