Good News!
6:38 PM | Author: Josh
I had my first day of the Autocross novice school today, and while it was what I was expecting, it was still informative. The other benefit of the day was that I was able to sign up for the next event on June 29th!! I'm pretty excited about that, and I also found out that the championship scoring only takes the top five events that you enter, so missing MOWOG 3 wasn't as big a deal as I thought! I also looked at the standings so far this year and it appears that I am in 3rd for my class! (out of 10)

Tomorrow is my novice school track day, so I get to further thrash the all-season tires that are on the TL until I can find some good summer tires to mount up. I found a decent set of wheels with summer tires on CL for really cheap, and a set of tires in the same model as the ones I have been roaching for really cheap as well. I still will not have R-comp tires, but summer tires are a good start.

This summer is looking like it is going to be a LOT of traveling for us, especially for heading back to STL. With Trav's shower in July, MotoGP at Indy, a wedding in September, Thanksgiving, and another wedding that I dont know when it is happening, we're going to be busy and putting a lot of miles on the TL. Good thing the mods I did last year increased the fuel economy by 3-4 MPG. I also have another mod that I want to do, putting thermal spacers between the intake and engine to keep the intake cool while the engine is hot. I helped a couple of friends install theirs and they pretty much instantly noticed a gain of 3 MPG after installing them in addition to the added power. If I install those, that should put me over 35 MPG on the highway! Big savings on a road trip!

See you at the end of July in STL!
|
This entry was posted on 6:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: